- In patients with left-sided primary tumours from PEAK, the median overall survival (OS) with Vectibix® + FOLFOX was 43.4 months, nearly 1 year (11.4 months) longer than the median OS with bevacizumab + FOLFOX.1 This adds to the existing four retrospective subgroup analyses showing that Vectibix® with either FOLFOX or FOLFIRI can achieve median OS ≥40 months2–5
- In 1st line treatment, Vectibix® + FOLFOX showed increased response rates vs chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab in both left-sided and right-sided primary tumours1
- Further analysis is required to determine the optimal treatment for patients with right-sided primary tumours
Adapted from Boeckx et al.1
These analyses further support previous studies showing that tumour sidedness is prognostic, and that patients with left-sided primary tumours fare better than those with right-sided primary tumours.1,6–9
This hot topic describes the findings of this analysis in greater detail,1 and considers their implications.
- Boeckx N, et al. Poster presented at the 2016 Congress of the European Society for Medical Oncology; Copenhagen, Denmark; 7–11 October 2016. Poster 89P.
- Peeters M et al. Eur J Cancer 2013;49(suppl 4):abstract MC13–0024 (and poster).
- Peeters M et al. Eur J Cancer 2013;49(suppl 4):abstract MC13–0022 (and poster).
- Abad A et al. Ann Oncol 2014;25(suppl 4):iv189 (poster 551P).
- Schwartzberg L, et al. J Clin Oncol 2014;3221):2240–2247.
- Hansen IO, Jess P. Dan Med J 2012;59:A4444.
- Loupakis F, et al. J Natl Cancer Inst 2015;107:dju427.
- Wang F, et al. Chin J Cancer 2015;34:384–393.
- Venook AP, et al. J Clin Oncol 2016;34(suppl):abstract 3504.